By Eat Low Sodium
Tilapia is low in sodium and high in potassium. This makes oven-baked tilapia a healthy meal. With this recipe we show how to bake tilapia in low sodium way!
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 tilapia fillets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of table wine
- 3 gloves of garlic, minced
- 5 kumquats (tiny oranges)
- 5 shallots (tiny onions)
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Rinse tilapia fillets under cool water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the tilapia fillets at the bottom of a medium size baking dish.
- Mix the wine, olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl. Pour this mix over fillets.
- Sprinkle with garlic and pepper. Place two bay leaves on each fillet.
- Spread the kumquats and shallots around the fish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish flakes easily with fork.